Saturday, 14 September 2013

films - likes and dislikes

films: likes and dislikes - 

My favourite film is 'Juno' by Jason Reitman staring Ellen Page and Michael Cera, made in 2007. I really like the unique style of this film and the romantic nature throughout. This film is also about the sensitive subject of teen pregnancy and divorce which is portrayed realistically. I find the main character Juno different to most American teenage stereotypes in films, her character portrays teenagers more realistically and makes her relatable to younger viewers. I feel that her image gives a positive influence to teen girls as she wears simple clothes and no makeup which doesn't put pressure on to girls to look a certain way, she also discusses her bad relationship with her birth mother which highlights the fact that most people don't have the 'perfect' family shown in a lot of films. 


This film doesn't romanticise the idea of teen pregnancy, it shows the harsh consequences of it which is why i feel that it is especially good as a teen movie. I also like the comedy aspects of this film that make it so loveable. 

I dislike the film 'Ted' directed by Seth Macfarlane in 2012. I feel that this film was highly anticipated when it was first released but I personally was disappointed with this film. I didn't find the humour funny as it was childish and I don't believe that the film had a strong story-line. I enjoy Seth's other creations such as the TV series 'Family Guy' and 'American Dad' but this film was not the same standard as those. 

No comments:

Post a Comment